Friday, June 17, 2011

Your Health Care:Choice or Chance

Yesterday, June 16, 2011, the king of health reform, Francis (Sandy) Eaton, R.N, and I rocked at the premiere shows of Your Health Care:Choice or Chance?. We did three shows back-to-back - fortified with some bubbly, of course, and a great crew in the person of our director, Jeff Clough.

Sandy and I decided to do three shows, back-to-back, because we just had so much to talk about in health care reform. Show #1 is about the Mass. Campaign for Single Payer Health Care; #2 is about Vermont and the Single Payer Plan that its legislature passed on May 26, 2011; and #3 is about that great organization National Nurses United and its fantastic convention in D.C on June 7, 2011.

To say that Sandy and I were a little bit zonked by the end of our conversations is an understatement. But doing these shows was worth it to us because nowhere else, except for Your Health Care:Choice or Chance?, are these topics being discussed at length. So, bravo to Sandy for taking the time to come to Mashpee to talk with me for more than two hours.

These shows will air on podcast on my website, www.tvyourhealthcare.org, by early July and will be on public access tv later in July. I shall keep everyone posted.

And I am very excited that on July 13, I shall be talking with Corine Mogenis by phone about her book, Medical Tips From The Inside: Things You Need To Know. Corine, a medical paralegal, co-authored the book with Patricia Raya, a nursing legal consultant. For the last two years, the duo also has had a show on Princeton TV called Medical Tips You Need To Know.

I shall keep everyone posted when this exciting program will air.

No comments:

Post a Comment