Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ellen's Thoughts

Hi, Guys,

Well, it is Saturday and I am again at the library - the Centerville Library, where it is a glorious day. We are expecting a snowstorm, but time will only tell how much.

As I mentioned yesterday, I am planning my Social Security show for Monday. The Regional Director for Communications in N.E will be my guest and we shall be discussing how to deal with Social Security. If you do not know how, it is like being in the Twilight Zone - sort of like dealing with the health system.

Most important to know: If you are at least 62 and unemployed, you can collect SS benefits. Then when you get a job that pays more than $13,000, SS will suspend your benefits. You can also collect Unemployment at this time. Of course, when you are at full retirement age, you automatically collect benefits - but you must claim them, they do not just come to you.

This benefit is not publicized by SS. I learned the hard way - and I lost $25,000, which I am trying to claim. So, hopefully, my show will educate those of you out there who need the money - and who does not in these times.

I shall keep you posted and let you know how the show went.

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment